BYTON SUV focus on HMI, User Interface and User Experience: when Mega Bytes are more relevant than Speed
Unique human-vehicle interaction
The new SUV will be manufactured at BYTON’s plant in Nanjing, China. Its price will start at USD $45,000. The car will be available in China towards the end of 2019, and in the U.S. and Europe in 2020.
Key features include:
- Shared lounge experience for in-car communication, entertainment and work, with content
and connection driven by the BYTON Life cloud platform
- A single 125 x 25 cm (49 x 9.8 inch) Shared Experience Display center console, along with
three additional display screens
- Unique human-vehicle interaction incorporating voice recognition, touch control, biometric
identification and hand gesture control technology
- Incorporation of Amazon Alexa for intelligent voice control, with additional Amazon collaboration on audio and video content
- Maximum range of 520 km (323 miles) on a single charge
Interior and HMI
Track your health status.
Synchronize all your smart devices with BYTON and make use of onboard fitness sensors such as the wireless wrist band and the weighing seat base to generate insights and spot-on suggestions that help you improve your health and fitness status. Sleep and workout data, heart frequency, blood pressure and oxygen level – your BYTON becomes your private health and fitness partner.
Leverage your commuting time.
BYTON puts people first. It allows you to easily connect with family, friends and colleagues. Simply open “ my COMMUNICATION” and see all your contacts in one place. Choose your preferred way to reach out, be it a phone or video call through your favorite social media app, a video conference, a message, email or video clip. It has also never been this easy to share content directly from your seat. Simply drop your files in conversations to instantly send them to the relevant people.
Share fun on the go.
With the simultaneous integration of streaming services, you can enjoy your favorite programs uninterrupted, in or out of your BYTON. Whatever you subscribe to, just play on your smart device, jump in the car and the streaming can continue from where you left off, without you having to do anything. The same applies when you arrive at your destination. Just hop out and enjoy the rest of the show on your smart device.
Single 125 x 25 cm (49 x 9.8 inch)
BYTON is equipped with multiple screens including a Shared Experience Display replacing the central console in traditional cars. Driver Tablet and two display screens on the rear-seat entertainment system integrate other content and features as part of the lounge. The most eye-catching feature is the Shared Experience Display: Its 125 x 25 cm (49 x 9.8 in) screen automatically adjusts brightness according to changes in light, with a unique horizontal layout enabling content shown to be shared with other passengers in the car.
HVI Human Vehicle Interaction
As a next generation smart device, BYTON creates new and convenient human-vehicle interactions.
- BYTON Intuitive Access: a different method of unlocking the car. Face recognition cameras recognize the driver or passenger to unlock the door. BYTON also recognizes driver and passenger information to auto-adjust seat angles, entertainment preferences and other information according to user preferences and usage
- User profiles auto-enabled for every BYTON. No matter which BYTON the driver sits in, his or her profile can be downloaded from the cloud to the car, making the customer feel as if every BYTON is his/her own car
- BYTON Air Touch for advanced gesture control. This feature allows for display control via easy hand gestures at any position within the car. For example, users can caption a location with a grabbing motion in the air, and then put it into the maps function in the middle of the display to start the navigation
- The Driver Tablet allows the driver to control the Shared Experience Display, navigation, seat adjustment and other functions. The sides of the tablet integrate few physical buttons in the car such as the volume control or buttons for changing driving modes. In collaboration with Amazon, BYTON has also integrated Alexa Voice into its in-car voice control system.
Benoit Jacob the mind behind HMI
Amongst the list of industry veterans leading BYTON’s team is VP of Design, Benoît Jacob, who is the former VP of Design at BMW. During his time at BMW, Jacob was the head of various projects, including both the i3 and i8 electric vehicles. Now, at BYTON, Jacob is responsible for building a concept vehicle from the ground up with the help of his design team.
BYTON Life cloud platform: personalized, seamless, connected life
BYTON Concept is designed to make technology benefit life, providing enjoyable time for people on the move. BYTON Life is the core of that experience. It is an open digital cloud platform that connects applications, data and smart devices. When integrated with innovative human-vehicle interaction, it takes the intelligent experience inside vehicle to a whole new level.
- Four BYTON Life features on display at the European premiere in Milan include my HEALTH, my COMMUNICATION, my ENTERTAINMENT and my ACTIVITIES. Built-in hardware synchronizes with user’s other devices, enabling BYTON to track the user’s health status, including weight, heart rate, blood pressure; and synchronize user’s data to give fitness advice
- BYTON Concept supports video and telephone conference capability, enabling users to work productively while commuting or connect with family and friends
- Seamless switch from the outside to inside the car. BYTON Life enables music, video and other content played on one’s smartphone to continue to play in the car displays, from the time when the user has just entered the vehicle
- Advanced AI and machine learning capabilities analyze a user’s calendar, locations, hobbies and application data to provide customized advice on what to do next, making BYTON smarter with every interaction
- BYTON’s interconnected hardware prepares for 5G communications. The hidden antenna on the roof allows data transfer rates up to 10 Gbit/second which is hundreds of times the normal average bandwidth
- Data security built into all features and services. BYTON has established a dedicated independent Security Lab to ensure data security whether connected to the cloud or within the vehicle. BYTON Smart Gateway with machine learning ability is an additional core technology, enabling BYTON to track the security status of the vehicle in real time, detect potential failures and threats and take auto-countermeasures
It is not about refining cars. It is about refining life. BYTON aspires to build premium intelligent electric vehicles for the future. Its crafted cars integrate advanced digital technologies to offer customers a smart, sage, comfortable, and eco-friendly driving and mobility experience.
BYTON aims to create a premium brand rooted in China that has a global reach. Its global headquarters, intelligent manufacturing base, and R&D center are located in Nanjing, China, while its North American headquarters, devoted to intelligent car experience, autonomous driving, whole vehicle integration, and other cutting-edge technologies, is based in the Silicon Valley. The company’s vehicle concept and design center is located in Munich.
BYTON also has offices in Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong to handle external affairs, marketing, sales, design, and investor relations. BYTON’s core management team is made up of the world’s top experts from China, Europe, and the U.S., all of whom have held senior management positions in such innovative companies as BMW, Tesla, Google, and Apple. Their expertise covers automotive design, automotive engineering and manufacturing, electric powertrain, intelligent connectivity, autonomous driving, user interface, and supply chain management, among other industry sectors, the sum of which represents BYTON’s strengths in manufacturing premium automobiles that are equipped with high quality internet technologies. As an innovation-driven startup, BYTON has completed its series A financing.
Current shareholders include BYTON’s founding team, Harmony Auto, Auto Investments, League Automotive Technologies, Legend Capital, and industrial investment fund in Jiangsu, China, and Chengdu Group, among other investors.