Brekel OpenVR Recorder is designed to record tracking data from devices with drivers for OpenVR / SteamVR.
This currently includes controllers, HMDs and trackers from HTC Vive and Oculus Rift VR systems.
The accuracy and high framerates of these VR devices can be useful for 3D animation, VFX production, general research or recording play-testing of VR games/experiences.
- works with all devices supported by OpenVR/SteamVR
- support for HTC Vive headset, controllers and trackers
- support for Oculus Rift headset and touch controllers
- record up to 16 devices simultaneously (including HMD and Lighthouses / tracking cameras)
- works in realtime, no offline processing required
- can work while simultaneously running your game/experience and record in the background
- tracking framerates of up to 600 Hz (depending on the device), support to resample to lower framerates
- record to FBX file format
- record to text files
- record audio (from any source including HMD microphone)
- record video from device’s camera (HTC Vive only)
- ability to sync recording between multiple Brekel app on the same machine or different machines on the same network
- ability to start/stop recording and set basic output settings while in VR
- Optionally stream and record directly to Autodesk MotionBuilder using included plugins for 2009-2018 32 and 64 bit versions
- optionally stream joint data over OSC (Open Sound Control) to other apps