Interactive virtual mockups for prototyping and validation with IC.IDO
A tool for Automotive industry and Manufacturing lines
Built upon the most advanced Virtual Reality technologies and expertise, IC.IDO VR facilitates the decision-making process of globally operating interdisciplinary teams, by replacing the need of physical prototypes with an interactive digital mockup.
- real-time physics simulation assures realistic behavior of virtual objects – reliable and proven
- best-in-class immersive user interface lets you intuitively engage with your virtual product – no barriers
- unique collaboration capabilities enable cooperation on the virtual model between remote sites – no borders
- powerful Multi-CAD and PDM support for quick process integration
- unique massive data visualization fluently uncovers the largest data sets.
How does IC.IDO help OEMs to increase significantly their competitive advantage?
Automotive vendors around the world are in intense competition to deliver perfectly targeted products to their clients. Such intense competition leaves no room for failure. Time to market and meeting the highly diversified requirements and expectations at competitive prices are key for success.
IC.IDO supports customers to be:
- Earlier, i.e. enable frontloading of validation – in particular of downstream aspects as manufacturability and serviceability – to identify and resolve design challenges early and thus mitigate risks in the concept phase of the project
- Faster, i.e. review and validate up to date design states instantly at minimal effort without having to wait for the next physical prototype or milestone. How many times have you been confronted with the decision to either wait or loose time or to incur additional expenses for a physical prototype? Using IC.IDO provides you with a mean to validate complex questions virtually at marginal costs and minimal lead-time. Sounds to good to be true, but 8 out of 10 top ten global OEMs are using IC.IDO realizing such benefits.
- Cheaper, i.e. not only benefit from the speed up of the validation but simply achieve your validation goals with less physical prototyping costs. Furthermore change orders requests are incurred in an early stage of the project when the cost of a change order is by order of magnitude less compared to late ones.
Beyond classical DMU capabilities IC.IDO provides unique value for its customers in the area of immersive experience the product intent, the validation of complex dynamic manufacturability and serviceability scenarios and human factors aspects across all functions. IC.IDO steps in when DMU has reached its limit by allowing real-time experience and execution of complex scenarios at minimal investment compared to DMU, manufacturing simulation of CAE approaches.
Another vital aspect of IC.IDO is its role as a catalyst for collaboration in the car project – such a physical prototypes in the past – forcing all different stakeholders to realize design challenges and seek resolutions. However, compared to physical prototypes IC.IDO empowers agility allowing engineers to freely explore solution in very short time and at zero costs.
What differentiates IC.IDO over competitive solutions is the unique combination of efficiency and fidelity. Our customers appreciate superior time to results, better usability and robustness while the actual result generated provides more insight and depth due to our real-time simulation capabilities.
Mechanical Engineering by TRUMPF: Machine Tool Industry – Virtual Product Presentation with IC.IDO
Manufacturing lines Development by GABLER
Holodeck-like collaboration for remotely immersed users of Head Mounted Displays, Powerwalls, and CAVE
Head Mounted Displays for Virtual Engineering
head mounted displays (HMD) for virtual reality are big news lately, with the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift, at the forefront. Gaming, social media, movies, and music are all pivoting to ride this latest crest of the HMD hype cycle. However, with the increased accessibility of these devices, we are also seeing a similar rise in interest in bringing HMD to industrial use. Many CAD and FEA providers are racing to find a way to leverage the technology, but many end up being little more than a monitor that you strap to your face. At ESI we have already been applying Virtual Reality to industrial uses for years. Traditionally used to drive projection system Powerwalls or CAVEs, our latest release will now be applied to these consumer and professional class HMD.
With IC.IDO version 11.0, a new ImmersiveDesktop application is being offered as part of a Virtual Reality for Engineering bundle. With this HMD bundle, IC.IDO users will be able to conduct immersive simulation of the assembly, disassembly, servicability, and accessibility of their products at full scale-not just as a 2-D projection on their desktop monitor. Engineers will have the power to import CAD models and simulate their models using real time physics computed solid mechnics modelling. Interacting with their math models naturally with their hands, not just mouse and keyboard. Create immersive virtual reality replayable media, and even collaborate with others who are using immersive systems elsewhere.
The IC.IDO HMD bundle will enable users to:
- Experience their CAD models in an immersive environment on HMD
- Interact with their designs in immersive virtual reality using hands and arms from a first person view
- Simulate solid mechanics behavior in real time, with continuous simulation
- Visualize collisions between solid objects during interactive assembly, disassembly, or service
- Create animated immersive Virtual Reality content for playback in future immersive sessions
- Participate in multi-user and/or multi-site reviews of shared immersive sessions
Immersive, Interactive VIRTUAL REALITY For Engineering
Leading Decision-Making Platform based on Virtual Reality