In this review:
XMG Walker, HP Z VR,
MSI VR One 7RE, Zotac
Intel HM170 Express
Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 2,6 GHz – 3,5 GHz | 4 Cores / 8 Threads | 6 MB Cache | 45 Watt
The Processor is soldered to the mainboard making upgrades not possible.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 | 8GB GDDR5
Features: VR-Ready, NVIDIA CUDA, NVIDIA PhysX, NVIDIA GPU Boost 3.0, NVIDIA Ansel, DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.5, Vulkan 1.0, OpenCL 1.2
2x 260 Pins SO-DIMM Socket, with support of DDR4
Dual Channel, up to 32 GB of upgradeable memory
1x M.2 2280 SSD via PCI-Express x4 (NVMe support) or SATA III
1x M.2 2280 SSD via SATA-III
The m.2 slots can be operated as RAID 0/1 in SATA mode.
High Definition Audio Codec
- 2x USB-A 2.0
- 3x USB-A 3.0
- 1x USB-C 3.1 Gen 2
- 1x HDMI 2.0
- 1x DisplayPort 1.3
- 1x Headphone output
- 1x Microphone input
- 1x 12V DC-out Power supply for VR HMD or accessories
- 1x DC-in
- 1x RJ45
- 1x Power-Button
10/100/1000 Mbit/s Base – TX Killer Ethernet LAN, WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.2
Windows 10 Home & Pro 64-bit
315 x 410 x 57 mm (W x L x H) including padding
ca. 3,8kg incl. straps, padding and 2 batteries
Dual 99.36Wh Lithium-Ion (14.4V, 6900mAh 8 cell ) battery packs
Impact resistant housing, 5 point LED charge indicator and hot swap function.
Both batteries are discharged simultaneously.
Operational time: 90-100 minutes per pair
depending on the 3D content and GPU usage.
Battery power mode provides full system load
with no performance throttling.
Support for external 330W power supply
for use as desktop replacement pc (available as accessory).
INCLUDED IN THE BOX
2x Batteries (i.e. 1 pair)
1x dual battery charging cradle inc. PSU
1x User Manual
1x USB Windows Recovery Image
Additional battery pairs and charging cradles can be purchased separately.
PRICE 2.499,00 €
HP Z VR Backpack
Untether from reality
The light, comfortable backpack design and hot swappable batteries provide unrestricted freedom
within your immersive experience. Work, demonstrate, or train people with VR without getting
tangled up in cords.
Extreme power takes rich content head on
Experience high-end performance VR even under the most strenuous demands of complex
simulations. Best-in-class processing power and the latest high-fidelity graphic card help prevent
disruptive dropped frames so you can work in VR for as long as you need.
Design and test at the speed of innovation
Take full advantage of VR’s potential using streamlined production tools. The dock lets you quickly
transition back and forth between high powered desktop for content design and wearable VR PC to
validate your creations.
● Integrate Windows 10 Pro, the gold standard for commercial operating systems into your VR experience,
complete with powerful security, collaboration, and connectivity features.1
● A professional wearable VR PC that fits in a lightweight 10.25 lb/4.6 kg backpack without the need for long
● Transition in a snap between a wearable VR PC and a desktop environment with the sturdy and easily
connected docking station.
● Maintain total VR immersion in any situation with the latest NVIDIA® Quadro® P5200 GPU with 16 GB of
● Freely choose your preferred VR HMD, or use our custom integration for the HTC Vive BE or the HP Windows
Mixed Reality Headset.4
● A VR backpack solution designed with your IT systems in mind, featuring Intel® vPro™ with iAMT, TPM 2.0
security, and a commercial BIOS.
● Avoid interrupted VR immersion due to unwieldy power cords or dead batteries with our dual-battery system
that allows swapping power cells on the fly.
● View the virtual world from the outside in real time via Miracast connection to an external display.
● Nothing slows you down with the with the latest 7th generation CPU design from Intel®.5
● Keep working steady under the heaviest VR data loads with 32 GB dual channel DDR4 system memory.
● A rugged, wearable VR PC that stands up to extreme durability with 120,000 hours of HP testing and is
designed to pass MIL-STD 810G tests.6
● The harness is made of durable, easy-fitting mesh designed to keep you comfortable.
Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64 – HP recommends Windows 10 Pro. 1
Processor Family 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor 4
Processors 2,4 Intel® Core™ i7-7820HQ with Intel® HD Graphics 630 (2.9 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
Chipset Intel® QM175
Maximum Memory 32 GB DDR4-2400 non-ECC unbuffered SDRAM
(Transfer rates up to 2400 MT/s)
Memory Slots 2 SODIMM
Internal Storage 256 GB up to 1 TB 5, Available Graphics Discrete: NVIDIA® Quadro® P5200 (16 GB)7,14, (With Miracast for wireless external display.)
Expansion Slots 1 M.2 PCIe Gen3 x1 6 (For WLAN/BT M.2 module only)
Ports and Connectors Top: 1 HMD power port; 2 USB 3.0; 1 HDMI 2.0; 1 mini DisplayPort™ 1.3; 1 Thunderbolt™ (USB Type-C™ connector); 1 headphone/microphone combo
Bottom: 1 dock connector; 2 external battery power ports
Right side: 2 USB 3.0
Left side: 1 DC-in power connector
Networking LAN: Realtek RTL8153B 10/100/1000 Mbit 8
WLAN: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2×2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo 3,9
Audio RealTek ALC3866-CG with integrated DTS Headphone:X®
Power 330 W up to 92.6% efficiency, active PFC
Software HP Performance Advisor; HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS) 7.1; HP Client Security Software; HP Velocity; HP Client Management Software Suite 12,13
Dimensions (W x D x H) 13.11 x 9.29 x 2.39 in (33.3 x 23.6 x 6.09 cm)
Weight 10.25 lb (4.65 kg) (Weight includes Backpack plus the HP Z VR Backpack harness and external. Weight will vary by configuration.)
Energy Efficiency Compliance ENERGY STAR® certified and EPEAT® registered configurations available 10 Environmental Low halogen 11
Warranty 1-year (1-1-1) limited warranty and service offering includes 1 year of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and
DOWNLOAD data sheetHP Z VR Backpack datasheet
PRICE to be difend
MSI VR One 7RE
(most powerful version on the market)
- Windows 10 Home / Windows 10 Pro
- 7th Gen. Intel® Core™ i7 processor
- GeForce® GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 with desktop level performance
- M.2 SSD Combo (NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 SSD up to 2200MB/s, SATA3 SSD up to 550MB/s read speed)
- Exclusive Super RAID 4 (Dual NVMe M.2 SSDs by PCIe Gen3 X4 in RAID 0) (optional)
- Exclusive Cooler Boost Titan Technology
- Thunderbolt™ 3 supporting 40Gbps ultra speed data transfer rate, 4K@60Hz monitor output, and portable charging power up to 5V/3A with USB Type-C universal plug
- Easy Overclocking with MSI SHIFT Technology by Dragon Center (optional)
- Dragon Center provides six functions to get a total control of your personal computer
- Nahimic 2 Sound Technology delivering 360⁰ immersive audio experience
- Matrix Display supporting surround mode and 4K output up to 3 external monitors.
7TH GENERATION INTEL® CORE™ i7 PROCESSORS
The 7th Generation unlocked Intel® Core™ i7 Processor utilizes a power-efficient microarchitecture, advanced process technology and silicon optimizations to deliver faster performance than processors of the previous generation. For GT series with the Core i7-7820HK SKU, CPU frequency can be stretched from 3.8 GHz to 4.2 GHz by SHIFT Turbo mode through Dragon Center. Moreover, the CPU core performance increases more than 10% compared with that of i7-6820HK. CPU multimedia performance is around 10% faster than Core i7-6820HK. 4K video decoding/transcoding is also improved by 6%~10% .The new media engine also delivers power-efficient VP9 and HEVC 10-bit hardware acceleration. 4K video playback with HDR visual quality is therefore significantly improved versus previous generation processors. The perfect combination of MSI gaming laptops and the 7th Generation unlocked Intel ® Core™ i7 K Series Processors shall bring you up to 25% performance enhancement for smoother VR experience on heavy loading VR games. The overclockable processor on MSI gaming laptops allows players to easily increase the clock speed, and play the latest games at enthusiast level 4K gaming.
*The overclock function may vary by model (only available on K series CPU models) and the overclock capability may differ depending on the CPU limitations.
SUPER RAID 4 STORAGE – LOAD GAMES IN SECONDS
Get in the game before everyone else with Super RAID 4, MSI’s fastest RAID 0 storage configuration. Combining dual M.2 PCI-E Gen 3.0 x4 SSD’s utilizing NVMe technology, harness the full performance potential of the Gen 3.0 SSD through the optimization of the hardware and software outputting extreme read speeds over 3300MB/s. Load games works in seconds!
*This specification may vary by model.
COOLER BOOST TITAN – DUAL FANS WITH 9 HEAT PIPES FOR ULTRA COOLING PERFORMANCE
Heat is the most original element on earth. It’s pure physics that more energy will generate more heat. Cooling is therefore a knotty task to tackle with. Cooler Boost Titan consists of dual enhanced fans, independent thermal solution on both CPU and GPU with a total of 9 heat pipes make sure that heat doesn’t pile up on either CPU or GPU, so that both can deliver its best under extreme gaming.
FROM 1.5 HOURS TO NON-STOP EXPERIENCE
VR ONE uses a set of two rechargeable batteries supplying up to 1.5 hours of fluent running. Hot-swappable design allows you to change a battery without interrupting the experience. With spare batteries for replacement, exploring can be endless. MSI will have an extra battery pack and external 4 port battery charger to make sure the 24/7 non-stop program test, VR world development, content creation or gaming experience.
PCI-E GEN3x 4 SSD – ULTRA SPEED STORAGE
Get in the game before everyone else with the latest PCI-E Gen 3.0 x4 bandwidth utilizing NVMe technology on single M.2 SSD. Harness the full performance potential of the Gen 3.0 SSD through the optimization of the hardware and software outputting extreme read speeds up to 2200MB/s, 5x faster than SATA3 SSD’s.
LATEST ARCHITECTURE DDR4-2400 MEMORY SUPPORT
Get the best possible performance out of your notebook with support of the advanced DDR4-2400 memory, achieving over 32GB/s in reading speed and 36GB/s in writing. With over 40% faster performance than previous generations DDR3-1600, DDR4-2400 is the new laptop standard to take your extreme gaming experience to the next level.
DYNAMIC TEMPERATURE / PERFORMANCE BALANCING
The exclusive MSI “SHIFT” technology pushes system to the extreme while minimizing noise and temperature. Switch between different profiles either push your system to the extreme or in the pursuit of longer battery life. Easily activate it by pressing the FN + F7 hotkey combo, or via the Dragon Center.
ONE PORT FOR ULTRA DATA TRANSFER, 4K PIXELS AND 5V/3A DEVICE CHARGING
MSI is the first in the world to adopt the Thunderbolt 3 interface on its gaming notebooks. The latest and fastest interface Thunderbolt 3 supports up to 40Gbps data transfer rates and 4K displays with daisy chain capabilities. Its USB 3.1 ultra speed interface supports up to 5V and 3A current output for charging.
60Hz display with single Thunderbolt™ 3. Enjoy your game with double the sensation.
PRICE 1800 $
Zotac Back Pack
- VR Ready
- Hot-swappable batteries (Up to 2 hours of play time w/ batteries)
- NVIDIA G-SYNC
- NVIDIA Pascal Architecture
- Microsoft DirectX 12, feature level 12_1 compatible
- 802.11ac WiFi & Bluetooth 4.2 technology
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
- 2048 Cores / 8GB GDDR5 memory / 256-bit
- Intel Skylake Core i7-6700T (quad-core 2.8 GHz, up to 3.6 GHz)
- Foam-padded back support
- Nylon shoulder straps
- Nylon chest and waist straps
HARD DRIVE & MEMORY
- 240GB M.2 SATA SSD
- 1 x 2.5-inch SATA 6.0 Gbps HDD/SSD bay
- 16GB DDR4-2133 SO-DIMM (Max 32GB)
- Power button, LED
- Analog input / output
- 3-in-1 card reader (SD/SDHC/SDXC)
- 4 x USB 3.0
- 2 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ45)
- 2 x Battery ports
- Power output (DC 12V)
- Power output (DC 12V)
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- 3 x HDMI 2.0, 2 x DisplayPort 1.4 (Max 4 displays)
- HDCP compliant
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit) pre-installed
MINI PC DIMENSIONS
- Length: 410mm (16.14in)
- Width: 270mm (10.63in)
- Height: 76mm (2.99in)
- Length: 520mm (20.47in)
- Width: 450mm (17.72in)
- Height:252mm (9.92in)
INSIDE THE BOX
- ZOTAC VR GO with backpack
- 2 x Li-ion battery (rated at 95Wh, 6600mAh)
- Charging dock
- Power brick & cable
- USB flash drive with OS driver, driver disk
- OS recovery DVD
- Quick Start Guide, User Manual
PRICE 2100 $