TECHVIZ XL multi device VR software for virtual prototyping and training with body tracking
An intuitive and easy-to-use VR software
TECHVIZ XL Overview
TechViz XL is a Virtual Reality Software and a unique technology that instantly displays in 1:1 scale any 3D CAD models from Catia V5, Siemens NX, PTC Creo, Autodesk Revit, Alias, Unity, Icem Surf and many more, on any type of stereo display system – HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Meta 2, Cave or Powerwall.
Acting as a driver to any VR system, TechViz XL enables to be fully immersed in Virtual Reality with no data conversion. You can make changes in your native 3D applicationand visualize them instantly in the virtual environment, in real time.
Navigate inside your project, interact with your 3D model and have a fully immersive experience inside your data. TechViz XL is compatible with more than 200 industrial and Virtual Reality applications. A universal visualization solution for virtual realityand virtual prototyping.
- Dassault Systèmes Catia V5 and Catia V6, Solidworks, 3DExperience, Icem Surf
- Autodesk Alias, Maya, Navisworks, Revit, VRED
- PTC Creo
- Siemens PLM TeamCenter, Siemens NX, Plant simulation
- Aveva PDMS
- Intergraph Smart Plant Review SPR,
- Unity, Ansys, EnSight
- Schlumberger Petrel
- Navigation option
- Tracking option
- Software warping & Edge Blending
- Software compositing (multiple GPU per video output to improve the frame rate)
- High resolution video player
How it works
TECHVIZ XL functionalities in depth
- Digital review
- Video Recording
- Advanced Virtual Assembly
- Body Tracking
- TechViz Collaborative
- TechViz API
TechViz Digital Review aims to improve the interaction in the Virtual Environment. This option enables a thorough and dynamic 3D visualization so as to make your VR sessions useful and fruitful for the progress of your project.
How does the Digital Review option work ?
- The Digital Review option operates with TechViz XL, the 3D visualization softwarewith which to display your large 3D data sets or 3D virtual prototype directly from your native application (Dassault Systemes Catia V5, Siemens NX, PTC Creo, Navisworks Autodesk, Revit).
- TechViz XL and all its options work on standard workstations under Windows 7, 8, 10 or Linux, 32 or 64 bits binary compatibility.
- 3D applications are displayed on any VR devices and no conversion is needed
Why use Digital Review?
- Measurements: measure the distance between two points, two surfaces (to get one angle) or 3 points to acquire the diameter of a circle.
- Save viewpoints (bookmarks): stores the current user position towards the virtual model to load it in another session. The benefit is to jump directly to the 3D model’s places of interest without having to navigate from one place to the other.
- Add section planes: clip the model along the direction the user selects. Magnetism effect is present in order to snap along the main axes of the model. Accurate values and position can be set in the GUI Otrack.
- Take snapshots: save a picture of the current view in the master computer directory. Use them later in a report document or present one particular part to your coworkers or customers.
- Hide/show specific parts of the virtual prototype: as in CAD software, it is possible to hide selected parts, one after another, show them again or switch between hidden parts and shown parts.
- Add annotation flags: a virtual flag is added in the VR environment pointing at the selected position, for future use. These comments can be saved and reloaded later for the project follow up, and can be deleted.
- The Building Explorer functionality allows you to virtually visit the interior of a building. The user’s feet are like sucked to the ground in the virtual model. The user is able to climb stairs up and down.
Record videos of your 3D model navigation
With TechViz Video Recording option, you can record a presentation and a user’s actions as an animation, AVI or a 3D movie: when recording a live session of the VR environment, any action can be recorded to be replayed later in a VR environment OR exported as a video AVI file.
Advantages of Video Recording:
- All the interactive actions can be recorded
- Record voice comments
- Replay your video in stereo mode in your immersive system
- Export video as an AVI file
- Product review
- Training: record the actions of an expert
- Communication: present a walkthrough in a future plant to a customer, prepare a corporate video
A real driver to immersive simulation, TechViz Virtual Assembly option works directly from your native 3D application (like Dassault Systemes Catia V5 or Solidworks HTC Vive), in real time. Compatible with more than 200 3D applications, this VR software solution enables an interactive experience by simulating physical interaction of objects in 3D. Ideal to improve assembly processes, validate maintenance operations or reduce technical risks.
Why Virtual Assembly?
Move interactively a part of the model or a virtual tool:
- Fine displacement step by step
- Display part position and orientation
- Multiple parts of a model can be moved and grouped together
- Associate parts with tracked target
- Select an object and define a constraint
- See collisions and record a path that can be reloaded for further studies
- Validate mounting & unmounting tasks maintenance operations or provide training sessions
- Connect to the PLM Product Structure tree (for supported 3D applications)
- Based on Haption IPSI industrial engine
- Parts follow rigorous physics simulation
- Full rigid body engine
- Display forces
- Possible to add a Virtuose force-feedback device
How does the Virtual Assembly VR solution work?
TechViz’s Virtual Assembly works with our 3D visualization softwareTechViz XL.
TechViz XL is a virtual prototyping software acting like a driver to capture directly your 3D model (Autodesk Navisworks, Siemens Jack, Dassault Systemes 3DVia, etc). The Virtual Assembly option of this immersive 3D visualization software has a universal part recognition engine that allows part selection and manipulation. Application connectors like CATIA Connector, Navisworks Connector, NX connector, Creo Connector, used in addition to the Virtual Assembly option provide with part information, as they are defined in the PLM database.
With TechViz Body Tracking option, you will be able to put a physiological human into your virtual prototyping design process. The virtual Human follows physiological rules defined by users. Size and morphology can be tuned. Early in conception process, you can study how the human will behave into the environment. The human can be manipulated “puppet” style or can be controlled by real user thanks to a Motion Tracking device. You can simulate various tasks to check their feasibility.
Why use TechViz Virtual Body Tracking?
- Easy setup: The Virtual Human/avatar can be controlled “puppet” style with a device for a quick check. A full Motion Tracking will be used for an accurate analysis.
- TechViz Body Tracking option uses physiological rules to represent an realistic human.
- Real-time evaluation of a work posture. Users can input ergonomics standards of their company, which will be used to compute a note of users’ posture. A color code will be displayed to easily understand the results.
- Detailed Reporting: Excel sheets or HTML pages will be output at the end of the study, providing engineers with a feedback of what has been experienced. The report contains timed event, collision between part and body, ergonomics notation.
- Compatible with all your CAD / Modeling / design applications. You don’t need a specific software, it works with all of them
How does the TechViz Body Tracking work?
TechViz’s Body Tracking option works with our immersive 3D visualization software TechViz XL.
TechViz XL is Virtual Prototyping software acting like a driver to capture directly your 3D model (Autodesk Navisworks, Siemens Jack, Dassault Systemes 3DVia, among others). The Body Tracking option of this VR software is compatible with professional devices such as ART Human, Vicon, Motion Analysis, Optitrack, HTC VIVE tracker and more using VRPN protocol.
TechViz Collaborative option enables 3D real time collaboration between co-workers in different locations, on any 3D application (Catia, NX, Creo, Navisworks) and on any VR device: CAVE, HTC Vive, video display walls.
Why TechViz VR Collaborative?
- VR Collaboration between departments worldwide
- real time 3D model visualization on different devices
- View remote user’s avatar & pinpoint remote user’s attention
- Cross domain review
- Work on corporate connection
- No data conversion
- Heterogeneous display systems
- Real-time VR collaboration
- Fully immersive
- Up to 50 sites working together in real time
How does it work?
- TechViz VR collaboration operates with TechViz XL, the 3D vizualisation softwarewith which you can display your large 3D data sets or virtual prototype directly from your native application with large frame rate, on any type of stereo 3D display.
- TechViz XL and its options work on standard workstations under Windows 7, 8, 10 or Linux, 32 or 64 bits binary compatibility.
- All professional 3D applications are displayed on any VR devices without any conversion.
A shared virtual workspace
Teamwork is key to success and has become a challenge for global firms whose departments or subsidiaries are spread all over the world. TechViz has developed its virtual reality collaborative solution creating a shared virtual workspace connecting several sites around a same 3D project. Immersed in their own 3D system, users from different locations will see each other, visualize and work on the same 3D model in real time. This software is ideal to improve communication between coworkers to pursue decision and validation processes without physical meeting. TechViz VR collaborationcan also be used to provide remote training, in real time, at any distance. Teamwork becomes easier within the corporate structure, especially between people working from different locations in the world.
A fluent virtual environment to save time efficiently
TechViz collaborative VR solution ensures real time data update and synchronizationfrom the different departments based in various locations. Navigation and interaction from every site is fluent: people can join or leave a session without affecting the connection of the other sites.
What are the benefits of this innovation in real time 3D? This evolution in the use of Virtual Reality Environments saves time through enhanced communication around a same 3D project : the visual medium is used to share ideas easily and efficiently.
Thanks to TechViz TVZLib API, developers can easily modify or create their existing desktop 3D application for a similar use within a VR environment. They can do so by programming their own functionalities, as well as easily integrating tracking information as inputs for real time 3D navigation and interaction, instead of only using a keyboard and a mouse. Furthermore all VR prerequisites are handled transparently by the TechViz XL core.
TechViz offers a programming library that can be adapted to a broad range of programming languages (C, C++, c#, python…). Integrating this C library within one OpenGL based developed application, users can either get back information from what is happening within the 3D environment or call TechViz functionalities. For instance: navigation functions when developing a new metaphor of navigation – virtual driver of navigation.