Reviews, technical specifications
In this article:
|Quick overview from CES 2017||Epson Moverio BT200|
|Atheer AiR Glasses||Meta 2 AR Headset|
|Sony SED-E1||Vuzix M300|
|Recon Jet Smart eyewear||ORA-1 and ORA-2|
Quick overview from CES 2017
Epson Moverio BT200 (review) – web
The Moverio BT-200 is packed full of technology, enabling you to make the most of Augmented Reality (AR) apps or watch HD and 3D content, on the go or at home. The only affordable?, binocular, see-through smart glasses on the market, the BT-200 unlocks the power of AR for consumers and businesses.
DOWNLOAD SDK for Epson Moverio BT200
Atheer AiR Glasses – web
Digital information augments the world around you. Interaction is as natural as touching what you see. Android-based AiR OS delivers natural interaction, rich visuality & full compatibility with 1M + apps. Run any existing or new Android application right out of the box.
Meta 2 AR Headset – web
The Meta 2 includes:
- Meta 2 headset
- SDK to build and share AR apps and experiences
Meta 2 Tech Specs
The Meta 2 development kit enables you to create holographic apps, tools, and experiences. The headset displays holograms and digital content, and comes with a software development kit (SDK) built on top of Unity, the most popular 3D engine in the world.
- 2550×1440 resolution (60 Hz refresh rate)
- 90° field of view (largest of any headset) for a more immersive AR experience
- Four speaker near-ear audio system
- Nine-foot HDMI cable for video, data & power
- 720p front-facing camera
- Sensor array for hand interactions and positional tracking
- Meta operating environment
Recommended PC Requirements
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 960 / AMD R9 280
- CPU: Intel Core i7 (desktop CPU)
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Game Engine: 64-bit Unity 5.3x
- Storage: 10GB
- Video: HDMI 1.4b
- Sound Card: Intel HD-compatible sound card
- USB Ports: USB 3.0
- OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit or newer
SmartEyeglass is equipped with a thin, lightweight display module designed specifically for transparent lens glasses. The module is made up of two parts: the optical engine, which projects images and text using micro display (µDisplay) technology, and a holographic waveguide, an extremely thin transparent plate of glass measuring just 1mm.
- Augmented reality eyewear with a wired controller.
- Binocular, see-through monochrome 8-bit display with more than 85% transmittance.
- 3 MP camera for still images.
- Includes accelerometer, gyroscope, electronic compass, brightness sensor, microphone and noise suppression sub microphone.
- Wireless LAN and Bluetooth connection to the host Android device.
- More than 150 minutes of continuous use.*1, *2, *3, *4
- Speaker and microphone included.
- Weight approx. 77 g (2.7 oz) without controller.
- Supports devices running Android 4.4 and above.
- EYEWEAR:Approx. 77 g (2.7 oz) excluding the cable
- CONTROLLER:Approx. 45 g (1.5 oz) excluding the cable
- EYEWEAR:Folded: Approx. 180 mm × 39 mm × 72 mm (7 1/8 in × 1 9/16 in × 2 7/8 in) (w/h/d)Unfolded: Approx. 180 mm × 39 mm × 182 mm (7 1/8 in × 1 9/16 in × 7 1/4 in) (w/h/d)CABLE:63 cm (24 7/8 in)
- CONTROLLER:54 mm × 21 mm × 60 mm (2 1/4 in × 27/32 in × 2 3/8 in) (w/h/d)
- TYPE:Binocular, see-through (more than 85% transmittance)FIELD OF VIEW:Diagonal 20° (19° × 6°)VIRTUAL SCREEN SIZE:2.7m × 0.8m (106 3/8 in ×31 1/2 in) (horizontal × vertical). Virtual viewing distance : Approx. 8m (315 in).MAX. BRIGHTNESS:1,000 cd/m2
- RESOLUTION:419 × 138 (horizontal × vertical)DISPLAY COLOUR:Monochrome (green)GREY SCALE:8 bit
- STILL IMAGES:3 MP
- VIDEO:JPEG Stream without sound (QVGA equivalent resolution). For more information on how to use the JPEG stream in your app, see the
- SPEAKER:Included in the controller
- BLUETOOTH:Version 3.0, Power Class 2. Compatible with HFP (Hands-Free Profile) and SPP (Serial Port Profile).NFC:Compliant with NFC Forum Type 3 Tags
- WIRELESS LAN:IEEE802.11b/gCONNECTOR:Micro USB port (only for charging)
- SENSORS INCLUDED:Accelerometer, gyroscope, electronic compass, brightness sensor, microphone, noise suppression sub microphone
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE:5 °C to 35 °C (41 °F to 95 °F)
- STORAGE TEMPERATURE:-15 °C to 50 °C (5 °F to 122 °F)
- BATTERY TYPE:Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable batteryMAXIMUM CHARGE CURRENT:0.9 A
- MAXIMUM CHARGE VOLTAGE:4.25 V DC
Battery life *1, *2, *3, *4
- WHEN THE CAMERA IS NOT USED:Approx. 150 minutes of continuous use
- WHEN THE CAMERA IS USED:Approx. 80 minutes of continuous use
- *1. If you use the device under the following conditions:
– Images are always displayed.
– The display brightness setting should be the same as at the time of the shipment of the device.
*2. May differ depending on the ambient temperature or if you are running application.
*3. If you use wireless LAN, battery life may decrease even if the camera is not used.
*4. The battery life may vary depending on your smartphone.
- OS COMPATIBILITY:Android 4.4 and above.
In the box
- SUPPLIED ITEMS:Carrying case, dark filter, camera cover sheet, nose pad (small), startup guide, reference guide, warranty information.
– It’s not possible to wear SmartEyeglass if you are already wearing other glasses. Prescription lenses are available through Rochester Optical.
– You may not be able to use this device if your interpupillary distance (the distance between the center of your pupils) are outside the range 54.5 mm (2 1/4 in) to 72.5 mm (2 7/8 in).
Vuzix M300 – web
Perfect for Enterprise, the M300 delivers enhanced functionality for commercial applications varying from field service to logistics to manufacturing and more. The new M300 design is based on a common core platform using the Intel Atom processor and operates on both Android and iOS platforms.
Specifications – downloadVuzix-M300-Smart-Glasses-01-17
Recon Jet Smart eyewear – web
Recon Jet is a powerful wearable computer with smartphone-class hardware, a comprehensive sensor suite, and extensive connectivity features. Its smartphone-class operating system and open SDK allow developers to create apps for any activity where information, relayed directly to the user’s eye, changes the game.
|COMPUTING, SENSING, & CONNECTIVITY||CPU
|DISPLAY||Widescreen 16:9 WQVGA displayVirtual image appears as 30″ HD display at 7′
High contrast and brightness
Power-saving sleep modes including IR-enabled Glance Detection technology
|AUDIO & VIDEO||Point-of-view photo and video camera
|POWER & BATTERY||Battery
|CARE & MAINTENANCE||Electrical contacts (copper pins and pads)
Eyewear and cosmetic surfaces
ORA-1 and ORA-2 – web
The ORA-2 is the most powerful wearable computing device in the world. It is a revolutionary smart glass platform that will change the game for mobile augmented reality and wearable computing.
The ORA-2 is a true “wearable tablet” which allows a multitiude of applications. It is Comfortable, ergonomic and mobile:
The ORA-2 enables hands free mobile computing and AR applications such as remote maintenance, logistics, remote training, situation awareness, and much more. It can run applications as a standalone wearable computer and can connect to the network via WiFi and to any smart device via Bluetooth.
The ORA-2 features a disruptive transparent retinal projection technology for a crisp, bright image display. The virtual screen of the has two configurations allowing both “augmented reality” and “glance” modes. This “Flip-Vu” feature allows the image to be either directly in the wearer’s field of view or just below.
the AppstORA is a grouping of a few Android applications that work natively with the ORA hardware platforms. Certain applications have been developed and/or optimized specifically for the ORA with our software partners. Others are standard Android applications. The fact that standard Android applications work on the ORA attests to the flexibility of the platform. Very little or no development work is needed for an existing application to work out of the box! We are testing and adding applications regularly so please let us know if there’s an application you would like to see added to the list.
SHIMA (preview) – web
Shima is prescription eyewear by “La Forge Optical” that displays notifications from your smartphone in your field of vision.
|Item||Alpha Specification||Beta Specification*||Beta Bold Specification*|
|Processor||180MHz ARM Cortex-M4 STM32F439||TBD||TBD|
|32MB NOR Flash|
|Storage||1GB SLC NAND||4GB||8GB|
|Operating System||ghOSt v0.1.0 (Linux-based)||ghOSt v1.0.0 (Linux-based)||ghOSt v1.0.0 (Linux-based)|
|Display||WQVGA (Right Eye Only)||WQVGA (Right Eye Only)||2x WQVGA (1 Display per eye)|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 4.1 BR/EDR/LE||Bluetooth 4.1 BR/EDR/LE||Bluetooth 4.1 BR/EDR/LE|
|USB 2.0||USB 2.0||USB 2.0|
|Audio||Aux Jack||Aux Jack||Aux Jack|
|Charger||USB Type C||USB Type C||USB Type C|
|Camera||TBD (at least 3megapixel)|
|Sensors||Three-axis gyroscope||Three-axis gyroscope||Three-axis gyroscope|
|Three-axis Accelerometer||Three-axis Accelerometer||Three-axis Accelerometer|
|Three-axis magnetometer||Three-axis magnetometer||Three-axis magnetometer|
|Ambient light sensor||Ambient light sensor||Ambient light sensor|
|Five tactile buttons||Five tactile buttons||Five tactile buttons|
|*Beta and Beta Bold Specifications may change based on insights from Alpha release to improve performance|
CAST AR (preview) – web
Transform everyday spaces into 3D digital playgrounds. castAR’s augmented reality entertainment platform ushers in a new world of discovery and wonder.
You won’t believe your eyes.